Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ultrasound and OB appt today went well. Kyle has dropped to -2 station but I'm not dilated even 1cm yet (sigh). He's currently facing my left side, but I think he twists around a lot. Hopefully he'll settle in the normal back-facing position for labor.

The ultrasound tech estimated his weight at 9.14, which is larger than expected. She said ultrasounds have a 1/2lb margin of error. Books say 1 lb. Dr Witt says ultrasounds have a 15%-20% margin of error (which is a full 2 lbs in this case). Going with the largest margin, that gives me a 7.14-11.14 spread, which is a lot. The smallest margin gives me 9.6-10.6. My gut-feeling estimate is that he's 8.8-9.8; if he waits until my due date, he could be 9-10 lbs, or as small as 8-and-some. He's almost guaranteed to be larger than Eric, but Eric's 8 lbs didn't pose a problem.

I have another appt on my due date, next Wed, if I haven't gone into labor by then. At that appt, Dr Witt and I will finalize plans to induce me on Friday (which probably means dropping by the hospital Thursday night for a dose of something if I haven't 'ripened' yet). We'll only talk c-section if labor stalls and we can't get it going again (or if he gets stuck, but that's unlikely).

So, keep praying that I go into labor normally, and soon. It really could happen overnight, and I'm mildly encouraged that I've made a tiny bit of progress. I'll continue with the walking and other self-induction techniques in hopes that they help progress things a little faster than doing nothing would.

No comments:

Post a Comment