Saturday, March 6, 2010

One of Eric's favorite songs is "I Like to Move It" by Eric More (?). The chorus is quite simple:
I like to move it move it
I like to move it move it
I like to move it move it
I like to -- MOVE IT!
We'll find him occasionally saying "like to move it!" It amuses me. This morning he started bouncing on the couch and chanting "move it", so Greg grabbed his hands and when the MOVE IT part of the chorus came up, Greg pulled him higher, much to Eric's delight. I turned on the song, which was a partial success, since it has more parts than just the chorus, so it was harder for them to choreograph the bounces right.

My favorite (audio) version is the original (video nsfw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ5V0sJODyk )
If Eric gets a video with it, he'll get the Madagascar version, which I don't like as well but is acceptable for the under-18 set: http://www.last.fm/music/will.i.am/_/I+Like+To+Move+It (thanks Jewel for the tip about the movie cover). I have an mp3 file of Move It, and that's all Eric knows. It's also on my labor playlist, for a probably-obvious reason.

No labor yet. No contractions or other signs that it's imminent. Having an "end date" is nice. I know I have at most one more week of this. I put on the short lavender robe that I wore for my last labor and during nursing, and it covers nothing now. Either it has shrunk (unlikely, I think it's been washed 3 times) or I'm significantly bigger than last time. With Kyle estimated at somewhere around 9 lbs, I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

We went grocery shopping and while I shopped, Greg and Eric wandered the store. The fishmonger brought out a lobster and Eric was thrilled when it opened its claws wide at him. He talked about it and demonstrated 'pincer claws' for a good hour afterwards (not non-stop, of course, but he kept coming back to it).

No comments:

Post a Comment