Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eric is in the tail end of his cold -- cough is subsiding and runny nose is now occasionally gloppy instead. Greg is coughing but much less. I'm taking C and Echinacea and trying NOT to get whatever they had.

Kyle is taking his time. I'm walking more and using accupressure (http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/natural-ways-to-induce-labor.html) to try to hurry things along, but these only work if my body is ready. If it's not, well, it won't harm anything. I go in tomorrow morning for an ultrasound (to estimate weight, etc) and then my OB appt. I swear Kyle dropped a little more and/or pushed forward more Monday evening; I'll find out tomorrow if that's at all correct. Having random contractions but nothing resembling how true labor is described in the handouts, so please keep praying.

Eric pronounces pepperoni as "bebberoli", which took me a few minutes to parse. He's getting a little more imaginative -- after watching Cars (which has a scene in which Lightning (the race car) and Mater (the tow truck) go tractor tipping), he lined up his Thomas trains and declared they were Lightning and Mater going tractor tipping and that the blocks were tractors. He's really looking forward to making cookies with Nana and Grandma (or Papa and Grandpa, or whoever) -- he's been asking to make cookies and I finally promised that although I don't have the stamina to make cookies with him right now, he can make them when Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa come to visit (which would be a long time from now). He has reminded me of this several times since then.

Eric knows I have Baby Kyle in my tummy; yesterday he pointed that out and then declared that he also had Baby Kyle in HIS tummy. I made a minor protest to the effect that no, he actually didn't, but he didn't listen (not surprisingly, he's 2 after all). He wants to do anything I'm doing (when I say I like something, he says quietly "I like X too", etc).

Today after lunch he quite obviously pooped in his diaper but when I asked, he declared that no he hadn't gone poopy, he'd gone potty (or wanted to go potty -- tenses aren't his strong suit yet). He led me into the bathroom and pointed to the toilet and said he wanted to go potty in that. I explained that he wasn't ready for that yet and he submitted to me changing his diaper, informing me that Hannah and Riley (older friends at daycare) go potty (both 3yo girls that are potty trained). He's starting to get interested (peer pressure ftw) but doesn't have the ability to know BEFORE he goes, so we'll quietly work on that over the next 6 months or so. I still don't expect him to have the neurological maturity to potty train until he's close to 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment