Friday was my OB appt and to my disappointment Kyle hadn't budged an inch (centimeter) and I wasn't at all dilated. Hrmph. I've been much more tired recently, though I blame that on not sleeping well. My pelvis symphasis is killing me and there's really not much I can do about it. I'd really like to be able to move without pain someday soon (read: "out kid, out!!"). My next OB appt is Thurs March 4th, and I'll have an ultrasound to measure Kyle's weight and general status. At that point I'll still be nearly a week before my due date, so ... *shrug*. I'm hoping to deliver before then but he's taking his sweet time. That said, labor could come on at any time, especially since this is my 2nd.
Eric's fever went down after 36-48 hours on the antibiotics, so something was bacterial (I'm assuming it's causal and not coincidental). He still has a cough and a runny and/or stuffy nose, and now Greg is sick with a cough that's been keeping him up at night. Consequently, we spent a quiet weekend crossing off little tasks in preparation for delivery.
On Sat we went to BJ's (like Costco) and while there I picked up a couple Thomas videos that came with little trains which have magnets so you can string them together. Eric has been completely enthralled by them, taking them to bed with him and being upset that he had to leave them home to go to church. He has Toby, Percy, and 2 Thomases (since each box came with a Thomas and another train); these are his favorites. They're mentioned in the sing-along book that we brought home from Florida.
Eric hasn't napped well the last couple of days, and today he woke up after 2 hours (ok nap, not great) crying. He then proceeded to have absolutely no cope and throw a couple tantrums. He kept asking to go to bed and then refusing to actually do it. So, he was tired and wanted rest but didn't want to go to bed. It's hard being 2. He also said his head hurt so we gave him some tylenol. We finally plugged in Cars (at his request) and told him that he could sit with Mommy and watch the movie or he could go in his room and cry, at which point he settled down.
Saturday I was feeling a little oogy, but I was also quite constipated (I've been upping my fiber to compensate). This afternoon (Sunday) was worse, and the constipation has passed -- now I just need to maintain at least 30g of fiber a day, and keep hydrated. At least, I'm assuming that's what the light nausea and lower GI issues is from. It could also be a sign of impending labor. Here's hoping.... This evening I've also had stronger contractions, though I still think they're braxton hicks and not "real" contractions. Still, I've been timing them. They seem to come on when I'm exerting (like doing the dishes, when I had 4 in 30 mins) and don't happen much at all when I'm stationary.
Pray that I go into labor soon. I'd really really like to get this pregnancy thing over with and get to the surreal newborn phase of random sleep (or lack thereof) and learning to breastfeed with a new kid. Also pray that Greg gets better soon. Coughs always linger for him and not sleeping well takes its toll really fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment