Last night we did the final coat of spackle and this morning Greg sanded, cleaned up the spray-foam insulation we used in the floor and ceiling joins, and added a 1/4-round at the top of the window. I did cleanup, spackled below the 1/4-round (which now has to dry) and blue-taped, and then during Eric's nap we painted. We chose to concentrate on the right wall and around the tub, so we can have a functional bathroom again. (pics on Flickr) This evening we will paint with the final color (very light blue). Then tomorrow during Eric's nap or after he goes to bed I will caulk around the tile edge and paint the window frame while Greg puts the sink, mirror, and cabinets back in.
Next steps after that: the left wall and above the door, so we can put the towel racks back in. Hopefully we can get this done before delivery.
After delivery:
1) tape and spackle the ceiling joint, paint the lower edge
2) repaint the ceiling (it's scuffed and will have new spackle)
3) the light-switch box can deliver a shock, so Greg needs to cut the power, replace it with a plastic one, and the I need to probably do a little patching the get the hole in the drywall the right size
4) the tiny slivers to the right and left of the door-frame need spackle and paint
5) figure out what to do with the floor joins. 1/4-round or other baseboard? Lay new tile? Once that's decided, there will be some painting touch-up work to do at the floor join.
-----------------
I'm having more frequent braxton-hicks contractions and my GI-tract is a little confused. I swear that sometimes I can feel a little fist punch me in the pelvic floor, but with his head down there, that's actually rather unlikely. Probably just stretching or radiated pain from a fist hitting somewhere else. I see my OB again next Friday, and my chiropractor next Tuesday. Molly Maids is coming to clean the house Tuesday morning (another reason to get the bathroom halfway functional).
No comments:
Post a Comment