All of us got mostly better, then Eric's and my symptoms came back. Fortunately, Kyle and Greg aren't sick. The week's been busy, both at work and at home. Today was a chores and errands day, with me doing grocery shopping and Greg doing laundry. We also took two loads to Salvation Army, took the kids to the park (though it was too cold and windy to stay long) and went to dinner at Uno's. Tomorrow Greg is doing slides at church and I will be a guest on a WoW podcast at 3p, so I need to get the kids to and from church, fed, and napped so that he can take them out of the house for a few hours starting at about 2:45. It's going to be a busy day.
I'm not sure what we plan to do with the President's Day holiday, but we'd like to take the kids somewhere -- maybe the park if its good weather or a childrens' museum if it's bad weather. We'll see. I also need new shoes and a local thrift store is having a 50% off sale so we might go -- I still need to see if we need anything. I'm switching my desk back to a sitting desk (instead of on a stationary bike) but I bought a set of pedals as an experiment and so I'll need to modify the desk a bit to let my knees go up and down while I'm typing/playing. That might not get completed this weekend but I'm working on it. The reason is that I don't want to give up exercise while I game but I also want the kids to be able to sit on my lap at the computer and even play on my computer while sitting with me. Both of those things are hard or impossible when I'm sitting on a bike. Also, the bike solution, while the best for fitness, isn't terrible ergonomic, so isn't sustainable full time. I'll put the bike downstairs with an extra power supply, network hookup (or wireless) and a mouse, so I can just strap my laptop on it and game down there if I want.
Sorry for the derth of pictures on flickr -- we really haven't had a chance to take pictures much recently. Greg is slicing up the Christmas video, so we'll be posting those snippets soon. If you received a DVD set recently, the full video is on there.
No comments:
Post a Comment