So it's been a very long time since I added blog posts. I'm going to try to do better in the new year, though a post might just be a one-liner about what we did that day.
The kids got up at 6:15 and we opened stockings. Kyle got mini candycanes, a snowman cookie, candy coins, stickers, a matchbox car, a schoolbus, a race car, and a helicopter. His favorite appears to be the helicopter. Eric got a large candycane stick, a cookie, chocolate coins, a Sir Topham Hatt car, a semi-truck, a space shuttle, and magnetic rocks. The favorites appear to be the rocks and the truck, but he's playing with everything. Greg got me some very thoughtful gifts, and I got him (among other things) a wall-charger for the iPod. Eric got the shuttle to make blastoff noises and took a couple tries to figure out how to make it do it again (after getting over being startled).
Quotes:
Eric: "I think magnetic rocks are my favorite kind of rock."
Eric: "A truck, just like I wanted!" Me: "Yes, I went back to the store and got it for you." Eric: "No, you didn't give it to me, Santa brought it last night." Me: "Oh I see. Would you rather believe that Santa brought it for you?" Eric: "Uh huh."
Eric: "I always wanted this! (pointing to his 3 vehicles) I wanted something that goes on the ground and something that flies in the air!"
-----------------
We got dressed and had breakfast, with Eric playing almost constantly with the space shuttle. Then Greg set up the camera and we opened gifts. The kids seemed quite happy with what they got. I'll do a list tonight but the main categories were videos, books, puzzles, clothes, and arts-and-crafts supplies/kits. The boys "gave" each other toys -- Eric got a fire engine and Kyle got a tractor, both of which make noise.
I gave Greg a gift card to Home Depot and he gave me Skyrim and earbuds. I also got Skyrim from my parents (that's what I get for waxing eloquent about it) so I'll try to exchange one at Best Buy for a couple kids movies (Cars 2 and Kung Fu Panda / KFP2).
The kids spent the morning playing with their gifts, occasionally trying to steal from the other kid, and eating candy canes and chocolate coins. Lunch was ham, grapes, and carrots, and then came nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment