Kyle is teething in his first molar (top right) but that seemed to calm down a little overnight. He slept through from 7:30 to 6am and didn't require advil this morning. Ate well, including the dozen (little) pieces of cinnamon raisin toast that I gave him from my own breakfast.
Eric "read" his first word last night. He asked for his Ants book (a nature book about Ants, from the orange 70's series Nani sent us) and said "A-N-T-S. Ants." It's memory, not phonics, but I'll take it. He was also very impressed when one of the 3.5yo girls at Grace's wrote his name. I told him that he could learn to do that too, as soon as he wanted. We should really start encouraging him to color with crayons more, instead of computer (though he hasn't been focused on his computer much recently).
Today is the last day the kids are at Grace's while we're home. Most of the day will be spent doing our own pursuits (I'll be exploring the newly-shattered Azeroth in WoW) but we have a few chore-like things to do. Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving -- I'm doing the normal fixings but got turkey breasts and legs instead of an entire turkey -- much easier. Friday and Saturday will be chore days, and I'll try to get some Black Friday deals online for a few items we need -- underware for Greg, jeans for me, a Christmas gift for Greg. We'll also take out the Creche and set it up.
That's all for now. Pics will go up on the site soon, I've got a bunch to sort through from the phones and camera. But right now I need to get to Azeroth.
No comments:
Post a Comment