It's been a busy week. Greg took Tues and Wed of this past week off, so we had a 5-day weekend. On Monday we went to the Southwick Zoo, which I think is probably the best zoo in the area for our age group, if not in terms of habitats for the animals (they were ok but not as good as the Franklin Zoo in Boston, Eric's 2nd birthday destination). It's mostly tree-covered, allows people to bring in food and drinks, has plenty of picnic tables, and has a few kiddie rides, a bunch of eating places including one that had healthier choices like wraps and salads, and the obligatory monkeys and large cats. And a rhino. The rhino was a BIIIIG hit with Eric. We ended up staying until 4pm (!) and the kids napped on the way home. They did really well considering. Tuesday Greg and I hung out together. The rest of the days were spent combining chores with relaxing and playing with the kids.
I had a phone interview with RIM (they make the blackberry), which sounds like a great match, so prayer would be appreciated. I'd definitely like to work there.
Kyle has his 6mo appt on Tuesday, so we'll find out his official weight and length. I'll also get to chat with the pediatrician about things like formula, solids, sleep and night wakings, and various other things. Kyle's getting quite vocal and is slowly progressing closer to crawling. He now gets up on his knees and elbows (occasionally one hand and one elbow) and rocks or tries to push off with his feet.
Eric and Kyle both are quickly growing out of their carseats, so we'll be moving Kyle into Eric's seats (back-facing of course) and Eric into new Graco Nautilus "combo" booster seats. These have 5-point restraints that work up to 40-ish pounds which should get him to the required 4 years old. Then we can convert the seats to belt-positioning boosters and use the shoulder and lap belts. The kids probably have 1-3 months left in their current seats, so we'll need these seats probably by Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll have a job by then and we can afford them.
Eric is getting more and more conversational. He's also starting to want to drop his afternoon nap. Problem is, he still needs the nap, at least an hour. So we're enforcing the 1-hour quiet time and so far he's fallen asleep on all but the first one (where he chanted "mommy I'm awake" the entire hour, then fell asleep on the way to the grocery store later that afternoon).
You may have noticed, I tried to add a twitter gadget to our blog, to list my most recent tweets. Unfortunately, I have my tweets protected (you can only see them if I let you) and so the gadget couldn't display them. If you want to follow me on twitter, go to www.twitter.com, create an account, click on Find Friends, and type in mbuhtz. Click Follow and it'll send me a request which I can then approve. Then you just log onto twitter periodically and see what I've tweeted.
No comments:
Post a Comment