Monday, August 2, 2010

So we ended up getting Eric a new booster seat, thereby freeing up the more 'deluxe' seat for Kyle's use. He was fussy, tired, and hungry this evening but it was an hour until feeding time, so I set him up and tried giving him some applesauce. He would repeatedly grab the spoon and jam it into his mouth (with my help), only to spit all of it back out. Then he screamed at me when I packed up the feeding stuff. Sorry little one, I don't care how much you want it, you're spitting all of it out. We'll try again some other time.

We picked up some formula to supplement. He refuses it (or rather grabs the bottle then refuses to swallow what he sucks) if we give it to him after nursing, but he'll eat it before nursing. I just have to make sure to pump after we do that, if he hasn't drained me.

Kyle has demonstrated the ability to sleep the entire night (7:30-6:30) without eating, so we're trying to train him out of eating at night. It's a long noisy process, not helped by the fact that he's randomly still teething. I'd particularly like him to drop the 4:30am feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment