Thursday, August 26, 2010

It was brought to my attention that I haven't updated Kyle's food status. He's now eating solids, 4-8oz per day. I started him on thin stuff, which is messy and he slurps it up. I've started to thicken them a bit and that makes it less messy to eat and he's doing fine with the new consistency now that he's getting the hang of eating instead of sucking. So far he's had (and generally liked) bananas, carrots, applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes and yogurt. Next up: peas, prunes, peaches, avocado, chicken, turkey, beef. First finger foods will be Gerber's puffs (melt-in-your-mouth baby puffs) which will be a stepping stone to cheerios.

I'm nursing him now 2-3 times per day and he's getting between 20-25oz formula per day. He's still getting frozen breast milk at daycare 2 days/week. I expect to be able to nurse him until he's at least 6mo, but after that it's anyone's guess. I do NOT expect my milk to last until 8mo. Realistically we'll probably wean him to formula and solids somewhere before 7mo (October).

No comments:

Post a Comment