After two days of solid rain, the river is back to the "River Low" picture level -- pouring across the entirety of the waterfall.
Eric is using more and more complex sentences and thoughts. We're working on identification instead of "that!". Such as "What's that?" "What's what?" "That!" "What color is it?" "Blue." "Ah, that's a ______." He's also working on better pronounciation, which is appreciated. We still end up playing 20 questions sometimes.
We've started him on Go Fish, simplified (we collect pairs and play with our cards facing up). He still needs to be coached through the motions of the game -- taking turns, asking/drawing, matching pairs, etc. His favorite part is "monkey shuffle" or "monster shuffle", where we shuffle the cards by spreading them around on the floor.
We're back to training Kyle out of night feedings. I wake him up at 10 to feed him and change a diaper if necessary, then we're delaying the middle-of-the-night feeding later and later bit by bit. He's up to 3a now. Last night he woke at 3 and while I was making his bottle I felt a dripping on my foot. "That's not right," I thought. Sure enough, he had wet his diaper so thoroughly that no more pee could be held and his void-on-site-of-food was dripping down his leg onto my foot. Lovely. Protesting child desperately clinging to pacifier while Mommy changed him, then 5oz bottle. Back to bed. Won't stay down. 2 more ounces, squirmy child, poopy diaper. Sigh. Changed, put to bed. Stayed down.
Today Kyle started sweet potatoes. It was a hit. I made it a little thicker than the other foods and that worked much better so I'm going to start thickening the thinner foods with a little baby oatmeal. Next up: butternut squash.
1 comment:
Hi Marie! There doesn't appear to be any way to email you directly from your blog, but we thought we'd send you a message and say "hi."
Jonathan and Angela Allen (remember us 8)
jallen327@yahoo.com
angallen123@yahoo.com
Post a Comment