Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kyle is starting to come out of this cold -- he's goopy less often and is having an easier time breathing. Eric has been over it for a couple days now.

Greg is teaching Eric to not drink the bath water, but tap water is ok. The other day Greg was letting the water out to refill it with clean water for rinsing (we fill the tub, wash Eric, let the water out, refill it, and let him play) and he filled a plastic bowl about an inch with clean water for Eric. Eric spent the next ten minutes guarding that bowl zealously, holding it in his lap. He would look into it and watch the ripples when he moved it, an occasionally take a sip. Then he looked at Greg and asked "You laugh my water?" Greg (who was obviously enjoying this) said "Daddy's just happy."

We got a sandbox Thursday (see flickr pics) with a lid, and a couple small tonka sand trucks for Eric to play with. This is a big hit and will hopefully give a summer's worth of fun when we can't get to the park.

Kyle is eating roughly every 3 hours, with longer spaces at night. The afternoons from about 3-8 is the time when he's most likely to need a bottle, but I'm also able to put away extra milk in the freezer, so the Reglan worked. We've put him into his own room now and he's currently sleeping strapped into his bouncy seat to keep his head elevated a little. This means we're getting better sleep because we're not surfacing to every squeak and rustle he makes, though this isn't to say we're getting *enough* sleep yet. He's also sleeping at night instead of being awake. My next step is to see if I can get him onto some sort of regular feeding schedule, at least during the day. After that I'll hope to get him onto a nap schedule but I think that's further away.

I'm starting to think about car seats. Eric grew too long for his infant seat at 7mo and moved to his current car seats, though of course faced backwards until the first year. I expect Kyle to get to that point about the same time. The question becomes whether we'll have to buy 2 more seats for a few months or whether Eric can transition to a booster seat around his 3rd birthday. Booster seats start at 38" and 30 lbs -- I think it will be the height that will be the deciding factor. Maybe we can keep Kyle in his infant seat just a little longer to delay buying two more carseats that we'll use for only a short period of time. I need to do more research, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment