Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I had my OB visit today and she confirmed what I and others thought -- Kyle has definitely dropped. He's at -3 station (-5 to +5, where +5 = crowning, in centimeters), so he's dropped but still has a ways to go. This is a bit unusual for a second pregnancy, though, which underlies my feeling that Kyle will come early. My cervix is soft but she didn't mention that it has effaced (thinned) much yet (and I forgot to ask for that particular specific). I don't think I'm dilated at all -- I think she would have mentioned it if I was. She estimates Kyle at about 7 lbs and gives me 1.5-2 weeks approximately before delivery, which would put him around 8 lbs or maybe a bit over. Of course, weight and time estimates are somewhere between educated guesses and WAGs without something like an ultrasound and a time machine. I could speed up and deliver in 3 days, or I could poke along and go to term. I'm having braxton-hicks contractions which I didn't have last time (or very very few), which also contributes to my theory that Kyle will come before his due date.

I ran errands today, returning a few things we bought for construction and didn't need. I also spent a little time buffing the tile but that's hard work and I ran out of steam. I'll have tomorrow and Friday at home without Eric, so I plan to do as much as possible, though I have less and less stamina, so it'll have to be done in bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment