Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Eric was with me today and since I slept well last night, I didn't have to resort to distraction tactics like watching both Cars and Robin Hood. We went to my chiropractor (back doctor) in the morning, then ran a couple errands, then home. I clipped his nails (ragged talons at this point) then while he watched the tail-end of Diego and a show with rabbits (I'll figure out these kids shows at some point), I did dishes and filled the "tub" with water in the kitchen. Bathtime, lunchtime, then naptime. He slept for a solid 3 hours (30 mins more than normal, but he's sick still) and woke up happy and energetic.

We played for awhile and watched some of Robin Hood, then I decided we had time to make cookies before Greg got home. This time it was chocolate chip cookies with mini-chips (so we could make smaller cookies). It was a futile effort trying to keep Eric from tasting things, but I'll claim that the oven kills any cold germs that got into the cookies. Besides, they'll likely be eaten before we're all over our colds anyway. He got to lick the beaters and eat cookie dough while I spooned the cookies onto the cookie sheets (I made them just a little larger than silver dollars instead of the standard 3" cookies). Greg came home just as I was ready to put them in the oven, and then I froze the other half of the recipe for later use.

He did a sideways topple off the stool while eating the completed dough, but was more scared than hurt (he claimed "no hurt, no hurt" when I asked him, and nodded "yeah" when I asked him if it was scary). He's actually more easily over-balanced recently -- either due to his cold or because he's growing. He also went head-first down the stairs this morning, but I was there to catch him and he thought it funny after the first brief moment of shock wore off.

I had more energy today, but hit a wall at about 7p. Fortunately, Greg helped Eric work out some energy before heading off to worship team practice, and Eric went to bed easily, finally choosing Goodnight Moon as our goodnight book. He's right now singing to himself so I know he didn't zonk out immediately.

Several people have suggested that Kyle has dropped a little in the last couple days. It does feel like he's pressing down more, but then he's right now digging his feet under my ribs, so maybe he's just doing head-stands. I'll be surprised if I don't deliver a week early. We'll see. Tonight I do laundry (Eric's out of all types of clothing) and I need to start packing our bags for the hospital and his stay with friends. The last thing I need is to go into labor without those critical elements completed. I have 2 weeks until the "safe delivery window" of 37 weeks, and then another 3 weeks until full-term (40 weeks), though as I said, I'll be surprised if I go as long as a full 40 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment