Birth plan, in case anyone's interested:
Before/During Birth
- We want music and low lighting, and will be bringing our own music player
- Greg (husband) will be present for the entire delivery, including C-section if necessary
- If labor is progressing too slowly, I want to use non-medicinal augmentations before receiving pitocin such as walking and acupressure points.
- I expect to want an epidural, administered by an anesthesiologist, but wish to labor until the pain is more than I want to handle.
- Avoid an episiotomy if possible, as well as no forceps or vacuum unless absolutely necessary
- No mirror please
- If I need a C-section, I want to avoid general anesthesia if possible -- I want to be awake and alert immediately after so I can receive my baby and begin nursing as soon as possible.
After Birth
- I would like to delay cutting or clamping the umbilical cord for a couple minutes (to allow the blood to finish pumping). Then the doctor can cut it (Greg doesn't wish to).
- I want to hold the baby immediately after birth and begin breastfeeding. Delay bath, vitamin K, and eye meds for an hour if possible.
- Weighing, bath, etc in the room if possible. We would like Greg to be present if it's "off site".
- I will be breastfeeding exclusively, so no formula or water. I may wish to talk with a lactation consultant.
- Greg will stay with me in the room. We will have our 2.5 year old son (Eric) visit but don't expect him to spend the night (there's no provision for toddlers to spend the night, correct?).
- No circumcision.
- No Hep B shot. I had one with my last pregnancy; we will delay the new baby's shot until later.
- Name: Kyle Andrew Buhtz
---------------------------
The great thing about the hospital I deliver in, is that nearly all of these requests are routine anyway, and the others (delaying K, no circumcision, no Hep B) are all perfectly acceptable choices on the mother's part.
No comments:
Post a Comment