Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After giving the budget a final pass, we'll be sending Eric to daycare 1 day/week and keeping the CRV. We may choose to pay off the CRV with some of the severance money (we have $6500 left on it), but we'll likely wait until we see what the out of pocket costs for my delivery will be. If we pay if off, we can always sell it and get a cheaper car, pocketing the difference, without worrying about whether we can sell it for as much as we owe. Fortunately our car loan is through Stanford Credit Union at 4.5%, so it's a pretty sweet deal.

I'll be applying for unemployment next week and that'll help a little. I'm not sure how much I'll get, but we'll take whatever is available. :-) Also, with me being laid off, that changes our qualifications for a special refi mortgage is now 42% of our income), so please pray that we can reduce our rate from 6% down to something a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment