Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today has been a good day, starting off with Eric letting us sleep in until 7:30a. We had breakfast and did chores, wandered around outside, and then Eric had a bath. Then we had a snack and went to the Humane Society to look at the dogs and cats (and birds, bunnies, rats and ferrets) and to donate some dogfood. We then went to lunch at Chili's and came home to put Eric down for his nap. Greg and I started cleaning up the basement and then had some time for our own pursuits until Eric woke up. Then it was play time until dinner. After dinner I decided to attempt Baking With A Toddler -- we made sweet chocolate soft pretzels, or attempted them. The dough didn't rise very much and upon rereading the recipe I realized that I hadn't really followed it very closely, which is kind of important for baking. They're in the oven now and we'll see if we get anything edible.

The reason I chose pretzels is that the don't take very long, they can be made into small one-serving pieces, and they don't contain eggs so Eric could eat the dough if he wanted. As it turned out, his verdict was that dough is sticky (another hint that I did something wrong) and sticky is bad. Maybe next time I'll get it right. He did like dropping the flour into the bowl and making it go everywhere. Oh, and punching down (packing) the brown sugar was fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment