Kyle got up at 5:40 this morning, so I took him into the dark living room and fed him a bottle. It took him over half an hour to finish 8oz and then I puttered a little until Eric woke up around 6:30. I fed Eric a snack and we let Greg sleep in until 7am. Eric didn't get anxious to open gifts until he asked "is it Christmas today?" "Yes, today's Christmas." "It's Christmas outside? It's not Christmas Eve anymore?" "Yes, it's Christmas outside, too." "Then we can open presents!" "Well, yes, but we need to wait until Daddy wakes up first." "It's Christmas today!" etc.
At 7a we went in to wake Greg up and found him getting dressed, though very groggy. We then began the opening of gifts which took us until about 9am, at which point I made breakfast (scrambled eggs and leftover pancakes). The kids actually did very well with all the excitement of presents, though I got the feeling that Eric felt Kyle got far too many gifts -- 2 or 3 should have been plenty for him, according to a 3yo with a little brother.
We took a few videos which I will get uploaded as soon as flickr stops having trouble processing videos. We'll also compile another CD at the end of the year and send it to the grandparents. After breakfast we played and I did a few chores and then it was lunch and naptime. Kyle didn't nap very well but managed to get about 1.5 hours. After Eric woke up we watched The Sword in the Stone (which he got for Christmas) and then had dinner (honeybaked ham, broccoli with cheese sauce, sweet potato fries, bread, two cranberry sauces, and ceasar salad). Kyle ate more broccoli than I expected him to, and more ham.
Eric and I started cookies but couldn't finish tonight because the dough needed to chill. We'll finish them tomorrow after church. Then a little play time and bed. Greg and I are tired but it was a good day. Tomorrow we're supposed to get lots of snow in the afternoon through Monday evening (I'm home with the kids on Monday, Greg's working). I expect Eric will have fun in the snow tomorrow.
Tomorrow we'll take down the tree (mostly to reclaim precious living room space), do dishes and laundry, bathe the kids, and I'll make some finger foods for Kyle (to be frozen in portions). Last week we got a new boiler and water tank (the boiler is now our water heater) to the tune of $8500, but the hot water heater died and the boiler was old and a bit decrepit. At least we don't have to worry about it failing in the middle of winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment