So, Greg is now sick. So far Kyle and I have avoided the plague except for excessively minor symptoms.
Tonight I made "flat bread pizza". It's in quotes because I used tortillas instead of pizza dough. These turned out really good and a small 1/6 slice was small enough for Eric to eat without my having to cut it further.
- 1 plain flour tortilla per person. The "fajita size" feeds 1 person, large burrito size will feed two.
- pizza sauce, pesto sauce, white sauce (like alfredo, or sweetened cream cheese for dessert pizzas)
- pizza cheese, circles of mozzarella, feta, etc
- toppings
Preheat oven to 450.
Lay your tortillas out on baking sheets. Add sauce, then toppings (usually cheese first unless you're adding specialty cheeses like fresh mozzarella or feta). Bake for 8 mins or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are dry around the edges.
I made the following four pizzas:
- red sauce, thin sliced sandwich ham, sliced pears
- pesto sauce, pizza cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes
- red sauce, pizza cheese, pepperoni, olives
- red sauce, sun dried tomatoes, olives, red bell pepper (yellow would have looked nicer), feta
Yum.
However, the highlight of my day was Matthew and me conspiring and plotting for Dad's birthday, since we both missed it. A 70th birthday shouldn't be missed by all the children. Mea Culpa! (look you your own latin plurals)
No comments:
Post a Comment