One of our rules in this house is "no throwing hard things", which also means that he can throw soft things. These usually end up being stuffed animals, pillows, washcloths/bibs, etc.
So today, Eric picked up a couple trains and dropped them (dropping hard things is ok) and pointed to his trains and said something I couldn't decipher. I asked him to repeat and then said "I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you're saying". He thought for a second then went over and picked up Dino (his small stuffed dinosaur) and said "Dino is fuzzy thing. (went over and pointed to trains) These not fuzzy things, these hard things." He had been trying to say that his trains were hard things (and by extension that he was allowed to drop them but not throw them).
Now, I didn't find that particularly interesting, that he would explain the rules to me (or himself or whoever). What I found fascinating was that he clarified what he was saying by using CONTRAST. That's just really really cool. Go go growing brain.
1 comment:
Yay!! Go Eric for getting smarter!!!
Post a Comment