This morning Eric had a tiny star sticker stuck to the top of his shoe and he wanted it off. He said "Shoe star daddy take it off?" This is a good example of a fairly common language construction he currently uses -- stacking words at the front or back of a sentence that he then uses "it" to refer to. In this case, his sentence was "Daddy take (the) star/it off (my) shoe?" So he seems to understand what "it" can stand for, but still feels the need to have that word still in the sentence. I've actually seen this construct as correct form in other languages, during my linguistic classes. Child as science experiment. Good times.
I will be grouting tomorrow, since we had some very thick layers of cement thin-set that had to cure last night. Today I finished skimming and putting up the shelf+tile, and that now needs to cure overnight. If I can get the grout-spaces cleaned out today (hello dremmel tool) and the first layer of drywall mud up, we should be able to grout the tile and sand+remud the drywall tomorrow. Lastly, we need to fill in some gaps between the new walls and ceiling/floor with spray-foam insulation which we can then tape over it (for the ceiling joint) or put down 1/4 round/some other baseboard molding.
After that it's just prime and paint, which I should be able to do Tues/Thurs when Eric is in daycare. Getting behind the toilet is going to be a challenge, sadly. Then it's sink and fixtures and then Kyle can come whenever he wants to. I really hope he holds off another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment