Today we canned apples and pears: apple jelly (25 pints), apple butter, apple sauce, pear sauce, apple slices. We had 8 ladies, so it was chaotic and loud, but lots of fun. Greg hid at his computer most of the time (poor guy) and Eric bounced from person to person getting tons of attention. He begged apple slices off Danielle, pears from me, got a watermelon pickle and 6 canned cherries from earlier in the season, a taste of apple sauce and apple jelly (which he really wanted more of)... but the strangest thing he begged off of me? Cinnamon and nutmeg. I would sprinkle a tiny bit on his palm and he would lick it off, then ask for more. He continued asking until I told him he'd had enough. Strange kid. Really.
After canning we went to dinner at Bertucchi's (italian). We got the anitpasto appetizer and bread, Greg had a margarita pizza, and I had chicken marsala with a side of spinach and mushrooms. Eric ate:
bread with balsamic vinegar and garlic-and-herb olive oil (1/2 a roll)
broccoli (1 piece)
grilled zucchini (2 pieces)
cherry tomatos (3)
asparagus (4 small pieces)
mushrooms
spinach (1/3 of my side dish)
chicken (1 bite)
pizza (1/2 slice)
water
I'm so lucky my kid's an omnivore. He's (almost) an unmitigated delight to feed.
No comments:
Post a Comment