Sunday, August 2, 2009

New words recently: heavy, happy, yah (yeah, yes), froggy, flower, doggy (as opposed to puppy, pronounced buddy). Names of his daycare mates.

He's started saying more two- and three-word sentences. Some recent ones have been "I on door", "on door daddy", and "I daddy door", describing when he helped Greg put doors on the new cabinets. He actually did help, too, holding a door as Greg screwed it in. This apparently made a huge impression on him, because he's still talking about it over a week after the project.

Yesterday was warm and Greg was helping friends move, so while I did kitchen chores, I let Eric out on the back deck with water in a large pot, a watering can, and a measuring cup scoop. He happily watered the plants, the deck, and himself, periodically asking me to come out and splash with him. I also got the dishes done. Success.

Our next list of projects around the house is a few details in the kitchen (new vinyl squares on the floor, new kitchen faucet, new cabinet handles, re-enamel the sink to white, restain and varnish the window frame above the sink, possibly an inset spice cabinet, above stove microwave and smaller cabinet, later a new dishwasher), stripping the tile off the bathroom wall and retiling the shower surround (and maybe doing some plumbing fix-up), replacing the knobs on all the interior doors and fixing/replacing some of those doors, replacing the railings in the living room, finishing the attic insulation, adding upper (glass-front) cabinets to the built-ins, and possibly addressing the fireplace (painting the mantle and/or refacing the brick with stone tiles). This should take us through the winter. Come spring, we address the deck out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment