Eric is wandering around the house clutching a jar of bubble solution saying "bubboh! bubboh! bubboh, yeow bubboh!". We have just come in from watering and feeding the plants on the back deck, filling the bird feeder, and playing with bubbles. He actually managed to blow a few, which I think is incredible, considering how poorly I do it sometimes!
Today was our first Canning Day of the summer. We made whole canned plums/pluots, whole canned cherries, cherry chutney, watermelon pickles, and strawberry jam. With 5 of us, we each took home 2 quarts of cherries, 3 quarts of plums, 2 1/2 quarts of chutney, 1 pint of watermelon pickles, and 6 pints of strawberry jam. I think next time we're going to do peach jam and peach-mango-pineapple chutney. Just two items next time... I think we overdid it this time -- it took us 7 hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment